- What is the Basement Flooding Protection Subsidy Program application process like?
An Impact team member will help you fill out the rebate application, complete with invoices which you will then mail to the City. The application process takes approximately 10 weeks from the time the application is received. The City will send you an acknowledgment letter to assure you that your rebate application was accepted and is in the queue to be reviewed.
- Can I apply for a subsidy if I do the work myself?
Do-it-yourself installations are not eligible for the subsidy.
- Do I need to have permits?
You will need a permit for a Back Water Valve installation or pipe replacement. An Impact team member can and will help you get those.
- Do I apply for the rebate before or after the work is complete?
You apply after the work is complete to ensure you are submitting copies of your final invoice.
- How long do I have to apply?
You have one year from the date of final inspection or from the date of the final invoice.
- What costs are not eligible for the subsidy?
Ineligible costs are:
- Labour by the homeowner,
- Associated interior restorations or improvements (e.g., drywall, paint, cosmetic flooring),
- Associated exterior restorations or improvements (e.g., landscaping, trees, porches, concrete etc.)